Pages

Thursday 11 December 2014

Christmas wrapping

Back to it being the season and all, one of the things people either really enjoy or just really do not enjoy is wrapping. For me, it’s a very much enjoy. I love to decorate the gifts and make them look physically appealing and enjoyable to unwrap. Now this doesn’t mean I am going to spend silly amount of money on the paper silly amounts for me is above the price of £2 it’s about being able to find something that you can work on, make something of it, with things you already have and want to make your own. If you wrap something in fancy £6 paper and that’s it, it doesn’t show much imagination or creativity, even for the non-creative types, my sister included, you can make something your own, I have people looking at my wrapping and saying ‘yeah that’s Sorcha’s wrapping’ adding ribbon onto a plain brown background will give off the rustic effect you may need. I differ from designs I do, my go to is the one I just stated, plain brown parcel paper and lots of lovely curly red/gold ribbon on top of it. Alternatively I like to go for something literally opposite, I will wrap the present in red/patterned/very Christmassy paper and use garden twine to create the ribbon. Both ways are just as effective, however if you don’t like either of those designs, like my sister. You can design it however you like! You can go for Christmas paper and a huge bow on top of the present. My sister has also introduced a gift bag into the equation of it, although it isn’t very Christmassy, (it’s all pink..) she’s done birthday and Christmas together, where she has wrapped the presents (I have wrapped the presents) in Christmas themed paper yet put them all in a pink bag with pink tissue paper coming from the top. Tissue paper can make such a great edition to any bag, it gives that moreish look without actually having to get any presents! These ideas are just a few of what you can do with little money and next to no imagination! It’s not impossible to make something look pretty with bows and tissue paper.

Below are some of my favourites I’ve wrapped this year, using both of the ideas I explained. I also wrapped up a shoe box for my sister as part of the ‘early morning presents’ we do for one another. A little trickier but practice makes perfect!







What do you guys get up too when wrapping? I love sharing ideas with you all; I would also love to see what your presents for others look like this year, comment below with you blog URL and I will take a look!


Sorcha

No comments:

Post a Comment